Simin Wang is an associate attorney of the firm’s business practice group, where she represents emerging growth companies and investors in corporate and transactional matters. With a deep passion for entrepreneurship and innovation, she is committed to helping her clients grow their businesses and maximize the value of their intellectual property assets.
Simin advises clients on various aspects of corporate law, including company formation, equity structure, angel and venture financing, mergers and acquisitions, and various other business transactions. She also has experience in intellectual property transactions, commercial contracts, and data privacy issues. Simin is a Certified Information Privacy Professional in the United States (CIPP/US).
She serves as outside general counsel for startups through all stages of growth. Her clients include companies and entrepreneurs from a wide range of industries, including medical devices, health care, software, ecommerce, and gaming.
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 2020
- M.A., Peking University, 2017
- B.A. and B.S., Tsinghua University, 2014
Bar and Court Admissions
- State of Washington
- WA State Bar Association
- Asian Bar Association of
- Seattle Chinese Bar Association
- International Association of
- “Representing Asian Entrepreneurs and Businesses,” University
of Washington School of Law, November 2022.
- “Trademark and IP Practices: Perspectives from In‐House to
Outside Counsel,” Webinar, IU McKinney School of Law, March
- “When to Hire a Lawyer for Startups,” Seattle Public Library &
Entrepreneurial Law Clinic at University of Washington School of
Law, January 2020.
- Before joining the firm, Simin worked at boutique law firms in Seattle, focusing on corporate law, intellectual property transactions, and trademark protection.
- During law school, she was a Global Business Law Fellow, interned in‐house at a bioscience research institute, and worked at an entrepreneurial law clinic as a student attorney. These experiences not only enhanced her transactional legal skills but also reinforced her dedication to entrepreneurship and innovation.