Carney Badley Spellman is the leading insurance regulatory firm in the state of Washington.
Our attorneys’ counsel clients dealing with the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner, provide advice regarding compliance with the Washington State Insurance Code and insurance regulations, and represent insurance companies and producers in negotiations, litigation, and administrative hearings before the OIC.
Our insurance regulatory attorneys have over 60 years of combined experience in this practice area, including:
- mergers and acquisitions, Form A hearings, and business and tax advice
- organizing insurance companies including solicitation, incorporation, capitalization, and certification to transact insurance in the state of Washington
- Gramm-Leach Bliley, Sarbanes-Oxley, COBRA and HIPAA compliance
- policy forms and rate approval
- representing health care service contractors and insurance companies in class action and other litigation regarding policyholder complaints, benefits disputes, coverage issues, and premium rates
- representing insurers and producers in OIC market conduct and financial exams, auditing, and enforcement actions